Thursday, August 25, 2011

Mommy and Me ~Back to School








I have to admit I had mixed feelings about my children (3 to be exact) going back to school. Only because I thought about all the things I have add to my already busy schedule. Just to name a few.....homework...bus stop.....packing lunch...breakfast...and so on.


I knew some things would have to be on a certain schedule. For example, I knew I had to make sure dinner is prepared and served by certain time in order to for my children to shower and go to bed at a decent time. I think you get the idea.

But, needless to say, I am glad my children are back in school. If have been overwhelmed a bit with your children back in school, here are a few tips....


*Develop a schedule that works for you and your child(ren)


*Think about "What's for dinner" before hand instead of right before you begin cooking


*Use family dinner time at the table to let your child(ren) talk about their day at school.


*Go with the flow and do make things so complicated, if it doesn't have to be








By the way, if it's your little one's first time ever in school and they began to cry their little eyes out, it's OK. Just give him lots of hugs and kisses and reassure your little one that mommy loves them, you want them to have fun with their new friends, and you will be back in no time to pick them up. Then leave the classroom, and their teacher will handle it. The longer you stay the worst your child will cry out.


No comments: