Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Celebrating Thanksgiving Edition #1






October has been a very, very busy month for me. We celebrated birthdays, special events, and so many other things that made the time fly by like hot cakes. Now that it's November, I am hoping to get a few post in based on Thanksgiving, which is one of my favorite holidays.


Thanksgiving is the holiday I love to go all out with cooking. I like to prepare my menu at least 2 weeks before Thanksgiving. Once I finalized the menu, I write a shopping list of everything I will need. I normally, do the shopping a week before the holiday.


During my quest for ideas for my Thanksgiving menu, I was able to come along some great ideas for Thanksgiving. I can't wait to share them with you. Hopefully, you may become inspired. If you have any tips, neat tricks, or ideas of your own, please feel free to share.


Every year, my husband, Larry, deep fries a mean turkey. It's delicious!! I prefer not to eat it any other way. Larry likes to fry the turkey in peanut oil. We have tried canola oil, but it doesn't seem to do the turkey justice. However, to each their own. I came across a Deep Fried Turkey Recipe at MyRecipes.com. So, if you haven't tried frying your turkey, go for it!! You won't be sorry!!!








Picture by: MyRecipes.com via Toia on Pinterest

 
 
 










bread3loavesname

No comments: