Thursday, November 8, 2012

Celebrating Thanksgiving Edition #4 ~ Green Bean Casserole Renegades






Like many of you, I like to cook green bean casserole for Thanksgiving. My husband and children love this dish. Every year I cook it pretty much the traditional way. Besides additional seasoning, my recipe is basic, green beans, cream of mushroom soup, and the fried onions.




Mine looks somewhat like this. :)

Picture by: MyRecipes.com via Toia on Pinterest



But, now I noticed people are defying the tradition of the almighty green bean casserole!! This is unheard of!!!  (Too dramatic?) Anywho, they have added twists in a way I thought was unimaginable. These recipes have inspired me to take my green bean casserole to whole nother level. Check them out!!!






Pizza Green Bean Casserole
Picture by: veganpandamonium.blogspot.com via
Toia on Pinterest


 
 


Green Bean Casserole Pie
Picture by:  Seriouseats.com via Toia on Pinterest

 
 
 
This one below is almost traditonal, but not quite. 
It's undercover with all its new added tasty twists.

 
The New Green Bean Casserole
Picture by:  Mrfood.com via
Toia on Pinterest

 
 
 
 
 
 

Now, this one here I think would be great for left over green bean casserole.


Grilled Cheese Green Bean Casserole Sandwich
Picture by:  Foodgawker.com via
Toia on Pinterest




Now, do you see why I am tripping? It's like there a whole new world beyond the traditional Green Bean Casserole!! I don't know how, but I think I will be adding a few tasty twists of my own that my family won't be able to resist!! How do you cook your GBC? Do you do anything besides the norm?












 
 
 
 



bread3loavesname

No comments: